Official Sweepstakes Rules
SIGNIA HEARING AIDS USA Winter 2019 SWEEPSTAKES―COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES
Rules – Contest Summary
The winners will be referred to a nearby licensed hearing care professional who specializes in fitting Signia hearing aids. The professional will provide a hearing exam, fit you with the hearing aids and provide two complimentary follow up visits free of charge.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
In these Official Contest Rules (“Rules”), all capitalized terms have the meanings set out below.
“Contest” means the contest, game, sweepstake, promotion, marketing activity or other event specified in the Contest Summary;
“Contest Facilitators” means, collectively, the Organizer and any sponsors arranged by the Organizer;
“Contest Requirements” means the guidelines and criteria that entrants must abide by to be eligible for the Contest;
“Contest Site” means a sub-domain of the Site, a domain or website of the Organizer, or, if applicable, an application within Facebook;
“Contest Summary” means the Contest summary page for a particular contest, which specifies certain information for that Contest;
“Organizer” means the organization that organizes and sponsors a Contest, as specified in the Contest Summary;
“Prize” or “Prizes” means the prize or prizes (if there are multiple prizes) to be awarded for a particular Contest as specified in the Contest Summary;
“Region” means the region(s) selected in which the Contest is held; and
“Site” means Signiausa.com and any services available thereon.
Eligibility: The Contest is FREE to enter and open to all individuals who are legal residents of the Region(s) specified, and have reached the age of 18, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, at the time of their Entry (as defined below) (“you” or “Contestant”). It is your responsibility to ensure that you are legally eligible to enter the Contest under any laws applicable to you in your jurisdiction of residence or otherwise. The employees, officers and directors of the Contest Facilitators as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, officer and director are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is void outside the Region(s) specified, or in any country embargoed by the United States, and where otherwise prohibited by applicable federal, state, provincial or local laws, rules or regulations.
Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Rules and the decisions of the Organizer, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether or not you receive a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
Contest Period: The Contest opens on the date and time specified in the Contest Summary, and ends on the date and time specified in the Contest Summary (the “Contest Period”). The Organizer’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
How to Enter: To enter the Contest, complete the registration form on the Contest Site with your name, email address, birth date and any required questions, and then follow the directions specified for the Contest in the Contest Summary during the Contest Period. If a Contest is offered on Facebook, you must also login with a valid Facebook account in order to participate in a Contest. You must then provide an entry (“Entry”) that fulfills the Contest Requirements (“Contest Requirements”), as specified in the Contest Summary, to be eligible to win a Prize. If you are a minor, you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to submit an Entry. Entries that do not include all the required information and adhere to the Rules will be considered void. The Contest Facilitators are not responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete Entries. The Organizer determines if an Entry meets the Contest Requirements and otherwise complies with the Rules.
Terms of Submission: You may enter the Contest as many times as is specified in the Contest Summary. You may delete your Entry at any time. By participating in the Contest you permit public voting in connection with your Entry.
Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest, you agree that: the Organizer, and their respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right to use all or a part of your Entry, your name and address (city and state/province/territory), and the names, likenesses, photographs, voices and images of all persons appearing in the Entry anywhere in the world and in perpetuity, for future advertising, trade, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation and without notice to you and without consideration, review or approval from you; and you agree that you will not now nor in the future be paid for your Entry or for granting the Organizer any of the rights set out in these Rules.
Prizes: The Organizer will provide the Prize(s) to be awarded for a particular Contest. No substitution of a Prize will be made unless the Organizer, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. A Prize must be accepted as awarded, and the odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received for the Contest Period. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of Prizes than contemplated in these rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest Closing Date (as set out in the Contest Summary) to award the correct number of Prizes.
Winner(s): The winner(s) (“Winner(s)”) of the Prize(s) will be selected, as specified in the Contest Summary, from all eligible Entries received. If you are selected as a Winner, you will be notified of the selection of your Entry by the phone or email address provided by you on the Registration Form. If you do not respond to the phone or email notification of your selection as a Winner within three (3) days, an alternate Winner will be selected to receive the Prize. All decisions of the Organizer in selecting the Winner (s) are final and binding on all Entrants in all matters relating to the Contest.
To Redeem Prize: Except where prohibited, a Winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if the Winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) shall be required to execute and return to the Organizer within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Eligibility, Declaration of Compliance with the Rules and Liability & Publicity Release Form (“Declaration and Release Form”) in order to claim the Prize. Prize is personal to the Winner and is non-transferable. If a Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to execute and return the Release Form within the required time period (if applicable), or if the Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Winner forfeits the Prize. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify the Winner’s agreement and consent that the Contest Facilitators may use the Winner’s name, photo, city, state, likeness, Entry and Prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, including on the internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Each Winner (or his/her parent/guardian if the Winner is a minor) is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with receipt of the Prize.
Voting: If the Winner is determined by online voting, then online voting begins and ends as stated in the Contest Summary (the “Voting Period”). Anyone who registers on the Contest Site can vote for their favorite Entry or the Entry that best meets the judging criteria during the Voting Period The Contest Facilitators have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, including the right to void votes, including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses or from different email addresses; fraudulent entry votes (using a redirect link, a disguised link, a fraudulent link, etc.); technical malfunction of servers or internet connection; user(s) recanting their own votes; technical or content upgrades that render votes incompatible or inconsistent; and inappropriate conduct in promoting votes (spam, harassment, etc.).
General Conditions: The Contest Facilitators have the right to verify your eligibility and compliance with these Rules, and to disqualify you on the basis of its investigation.
You may not enter with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, nor may you use any other device or artifice to submit more than one (1) Entry or vote. If you use fraudulent Entry methods, or otherwise attempt to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses under multiple identities or use any device or artifice to enter more than one (1) Entry, you will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the person who made the Entry. For the purposes of these Rules, the authorized “account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Nothing contained in these Rules shall be construed to: (i) give any party the power to direct and control the day-to-day activities of the other; (ii) constitute the parties as partners, joint ventures, principal and agent, employer and employee, co-owners or entrants in a joint undertaking; or (iii) allow you to create or assume any obligation on behalf of the Organizer.
By entering the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Rules and the decisions of the Contest Facilitators and if applicable, the members of the voting community, which are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
Contest Facilitators reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time (subject to approval of any regulatory body having jurisdiction), if it is determined that the Contest cannot be run as originally planned or if fraud or any other occurrence comprises the fairness or integrity of the Contest.
Liability Provisions: The Contest Facilitators are not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to Entries or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
You assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Entries. The Contest Facilitators make no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in connection with its ability to in any way enable, develop or market the idea set forth in your Entry. The Contest Facilitators shall not be liable to a Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of the Prize becoming for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Facilitators unavailable or impracticable to award, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor dispute, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause similar or dissimilar beyond the Organizer’s control.
The Organizer and their employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, representatives, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, resellers, dealers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and Facebook, Inc. (the “Released Parties”) shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever for any of the following: delayed, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet, or other connections; the availability, accessibility, technical failure or miscommunications of computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions; the incorrect or inaccurate capture or failure to capture information whether caused by Site or Contest Site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest; theft, loss, destruction or damage to an Entry in whole or in part; and other factors beyond their reasonable control. The Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to your or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Site or any Contest Site.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR ANY CONTEST SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ORGANIZER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THE CONTEST.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE RELEASED AND HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FOR ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DISABILITY OR DEATH, AND DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FROM THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, ANY AND ALL USE AS PROVIDED HEREIN OF YOUR ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ANY RELATED CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE AND ANY CONTEST SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION.
Choice of Law: These Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey and the laws of United States of America, as applicable herein, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action with the Contest Facilitators arising out of or connected with this Contest, other than the determination or validity of claims, shall be resolved individually, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New Jersey. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. You hereby waive all rights to: (i) claim or be awarded any punitive, direct, indirect, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (ii) to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Disclaimer: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. Any comments or questions about the Contest should be addressed to the Organizer, and not Facebook.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter: The Signia Holidays are Hear Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 2, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on January 31, 2019. To enter, visit Signia Hearing Aids USA website at https://www.signiausa.com/winter-sweepstakes/, and complete all the information requested on the entry form. All requested information on the entry form must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Registration is free.
All online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on January 31, 2019 to be eligible for the drawing. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. SigniaUSA (“Sponsor”) will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not Facebook.
2. Eligibility: To enter the Promotion you must be a lawful permanent resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and be 18 years of age or older. The Promotion is void outside of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia), and where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and other participating partners, their affiliate companies, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, hearing care professionals, (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate families and members of their households, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. Drawing, Odds of Winning and Notification: Four winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified via email within approximately ten (10) business days of the drawing. If any potential winner cannot be reached within two (2) business days from the first notification attempt, the contestant will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
4. Prize: Four winners will be selected to receive two Signia Nx style hearing aids ($6,000 USD retail value). Prize will be issued upon verification of a contestant’s eligibility. The winners will be announced on Signia US’s Facebook page. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the grand prize cannot be awarded as described, for any reason. Taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specifically identified in these official rules are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. No transfer or substitution of the prize allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winners will be chosen on or about January 14th 2019; January 21st 2019; January 28th 2019 and February 4th 2019.
5. Prize Conditions: Prize winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (“affidavit/release”). Documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within the forms themselves. If a potential winner fails to return these documents within the requisite timeframe, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the official rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Prize notifications returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) resulting from this Promotion will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Except where prohibited by law, the prize winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity – without further compensation.
6. Sweepstakes Conditions: The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws. By participating, entrants agree: a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to the Promotion; b) to hereby release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (individually and collectively “Releases”) from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property), arising out of or in connection with the Promotion.
7. Limitations of Liability: In the case of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential prize winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete online entries due to system errors or failures, or other technological malfunctions. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deceiving, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs). If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of operating as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select a winner by randomly drawing from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Winner’s List: Beginning February 8th, 2019 you may obtain the names of the winners by contacting Signia Hearing Aids USA via firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Sponsor: SigniaUSA 10 Constitution Ave, Piscataway, NJ 08854. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any comments or questions about the Promotion should be addressed to email@example.com.