How Signia Supports Humanitarian Efforts Worldwide
We strive to do whatever we can to make the world a better place. So, in addition to creating solutions that help countless people with hearing loss hear properly once again, our offices around the world take part in numerous activities to support humanitarian efforts worldwide.
Whether joining large-scale, international causes, responding to humanitarian crises, or supporting events in our local communities, Signia is proud to implement numerous initiatives throughout our global locations. And employees themselves often roll up their sleeves to take part in these efforts directly.
Signia supports worthy causes in the US
We hold a toy drive and coat drive annually at our US headquarters in Piscataway, N.J. to make the holiday season brighter and warmer for those in need. We also conduct blood drives with the New York Blood Center, at which employees donate blood to help treat patients and save lives following accidents or during surgeries. Additionally, in response to Hurricane Maria, which devastated Puerto Rico last fall, over 100 employees prepared about 35,000 meals that were sent to the island.
As a global organization with offices around the world, our teams conduct a wide range of events to help their local communities. Following are just some of the ways Signia gives back.
Helping those with hearing loss:
- China: Working with the China Foundation for Disabled Persons, we donated funds and hearing aids to support children and adults with hearing loss in Western China.
- South Africa: As part of a World Hearing Day initiative, we supported the South African Association of Audiologists’ goal to set a record for the most hearing tests done in a single day, testing a total of 885 people for hearing loss.
- Brazil: Our team contributed in the University of Medical Sciences of Sao Paulo’s annual “Silence Walk” to raise awareness of what people can do to prevent hearing loss.
- Poland: Our Polish colleagues established a national program to focus on educating people on the importance that hearing plays in our daily lives and how to avoid harmful noises and situations to prevent hearing loss.
- Japan: Along with the Japanese Deaf Soccer Association, we sponsored an event to attract more attention to deaf athletes, while fitting several players with Signia hearing aids.
Raising awareness of other conditions:
- Singapore: Nearly 300 employees from our corporate headquarters walked 3 km in support of the country’s Children Charities Association, while we served as the main sponsor of this annual walkathon event to help disadvantaged children.
- Italy: Our Italian team members ran a marathon to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation and help make the wishes of seriously ill children come true.
- Australia: Our Australian colleagues raised funds for the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, participating in a bike race to raise awareness of the condition.
- Canada: To celebrate the launch of TeleCare™, we donated $150 per business account that signed up for the service and donated the collected funds to the Gord Downie Fund for Brain Cancer Research.
More information about Sivantos’ global humanitarian efforts can be found at: https://www.sivantos.com/societal-impact-sdg-3/.